Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ironbark,Samford,Goat Track,Sth Boundary, Augies,Creek,Center Rd,Bellbird

Today was my first ride this week, with all the rain I thought I a may aswel take a week off while the conditions are poor. Today was all about smashing myself, I didn't want to be the quickest. I wanted to hurt.I really under prepared for this ride though, a late night out than going straight to bed when I got home and getting up at 5am to get ready meant something had to go wrong. I opened the cupboard to find no museli bars. I looked through my school bag to find 3 haha.. and I found 4 cans of creamed rice. By the time I found all that I was running late. So I grabbed a chocolate muffin for breakky and jumped in the car.

Some of the best riding mates!!!

I met up for a ride organised on mtbdirt, the route was to be Ironbark,Samford,Goat Track,Sth Boundary, Augies,Creek,Center Rd,Bellbird, which means a quiet a bit of climbing. I used the big ring for as long as I could before the climbs became to steep and to long to keep pushing a big gear. I ended up using the big ring for just over half the ride. Towards the end I felt pretty shabby, big ring really took it out of me. Lack of food wouldn't of helped. I ate what I had left and started to feel alright which was good because I had to ride home!
Other than that, the ride was awesome, I had a ball. I caught up with heaps of rideing mates and smashed my legs. Can't get much better than that, i'll have to do more of these rides!

The group re gathering

A road section..

A wet grass section

Woody is a machine (and he doesn't ride with clip in's :O )

No comments: