Monday, June 8, 2009

Break from racing

Well this weekend was AWESOME. MT PERRY is AWESOME. Having fun is AWESOME.
THANKS MADMIKE, GRINDING GEARZ and THE LAND OWNERS. This weekend was the Mt Perry 6 hour, I got a lift up and camped sat and sunday.

Best weekend ever, I had a ball, loved it, I'll be back for sure My race report is short. I didn't go there to race, I went there with no expectations besides having fun and it wasn't fun.. it was AMAZING! It was funny because the first practice lap it was raining and I walked nearly everything that looked scary. Second practice lap I rode everything, race day I rode everything and only grew with confidences. I did the first few laps at a pace that put me in the top 10 in open solo and was sitting on Na's tail.

Everytime I rode past Mad Mike he was giving me a mad warp, telling everyone I was 16 and doing well etc. Unfortunately I had not planned to race seriously although I'm quite confindent I could of kept that pace (I felt a little embarassed hearing Mike say those things when I wasn't going hard).

Next year I'm going to train for this event, I loved it and I would love to race hard and see how I go. I did a lap with Grant Widseth - He probs thought I was a smart arse sprinting off from him than letting him catch me again. He got 6th over all, very well done mate. I had a ball hanging with all my riding mates, copping shit from Declan, getting blinded by Declan, smashing Declan on the gameboys, stacking the kids bike with Declan and Declan just being a doosh.

I loved sitting around the fire with my second family (juscruzin and co) and catching up with everyone. Thanks And finally HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to BIM and GAZMAN for the lift up, feeding me, talking to me and giving me a mouth full about me nutrition everytime I touched food or drink .


PIC'S to be POSTED

1 comment:

Sean Bekkers said...

Hey mate good to hear you had a good time. Thanks for the offer of help but the flat tyre wasn't the problem with why I pulled out. Are you doing the Insomnia?