Friday, May 15, 2009

Merida 24

Wow, This was my second 24 hour and one to remember for sure. I was in Chain Gang/Redback Cycles. We lost Rooster (Redback Cycles) to an arm injury requiring medical attention after 2 or so hours and we had to continue on as a 3 man team.

We were 2nd pretty much all night and until early morning, than it was a battle for 2nd in the last few hours. Unfortunately I managed 4 flats (team managed 6) which was a pain and we lost a large amount of time and the last flat was disapointing as I had wrong tube (I had to go back to the start line) and was unable to chase down Fit To Excel rider with 3 laps to. We finished with 3rd, not bad considering we did 51 laps (3 were Roosters) and we all got under 2 hours sleep.

I had a ball chilling with the MTBDirt crew, meeting new people, seeing Bozza, Matt Dog and Whippet Boy smash the solo catagory and talking to the Merida Team. Especially Dave Whitney, who really showed interest in talking to me, giving tips and seeing how I went, I even managed to do half a lap on his tail. Boy he is quick.

A HUGE thanks to Chain Gang for all the support, infinit for the amazing drinks and HID Technologies for those very very bright lights. Also, thanks for those who helped me on track when I double flated etc and Peter/Haydz from tailwind for producing yet another awesome event.
Podium photo!

Team 96... one day.....
Till Next Time!




2 comments:

Sean Bekkers said...

Was a sick race mate and i won't for get your face rolling back down to the line with your flat tyre. Thanks for the encouragement throughout the race mate.

Well done
Bozza

Brad Toomeys Cycling Journey said...

I was spewing hey, we would of gotten 2nd!!