Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A quick update

A few weeks ago Ky's and my awesome day at OHV was cancelled due to the rain =[.
Instead we went for a river loop on our mountain bikes, i had a slip on a wet walk way and got my first scratch on my Merida, I was spewwing. Oh well. In the short 30km ride I also managed to get two flats and sliced tyre. Just not my day..

Last weekend I went to Gap Creek with Chris (Chain Gang) Nick (training partner and a few other local riders) to learn some skills. I was doing alright and was having a ball. But the session was called short unfortunately. I was following Chris to closely and unaware of the trails I didn't see a biggish drop. Over the bars I went and bent my handle bars and cracked my helmet in two places. I'm glad I didn't injure myself. Chris being the best sponsor made sure I was okay and took me to the shop to get some new handle bars and helmet (thanks heaps). Than Nick and I rode home from the shop. I arrived at Nicks and noticed I would be able to make the Bunya arvo cruise and rode to the meeting point. I still managed to get 60 or so kilometres in.

Pic's to come!!!

No comments: