Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Semi formal time

Last weekend I was invited to Stephs Semi. I met Steph through her father (Juscruzin) who is a very good mtber and he rides funny size wheels... but thats okay. Anyway the semi went very well and we all had heaps of fun.
I stayed the night at Nick's and the next morning took Steph for a ride. Nick said I could take out his Rigid 29er Single Speed and OH MY GOD they are AMAZING! Honestly who needs suspenison with big wheels! I think the ulimate marathon bike would have to be a lightweight 29er hardtail! On the single track some sections felt a little different but the only thing slowing me down was the one gear! The gearing set up was perfect for the climbs around bunya though- I didn't walk once. I even got up Waynes world!!!

We got back and Nick said there was a ride organised by Zep on Sunday if I wanted to come and that I could stay the night again. So I went home got all my gear, fixed up the Jamis and back to Nicks I went. The ride on sunday was my first proper ride in a month! I can't believe how much fun I was having even with the cold that was putting my heart through the roof! It was 50kms through south boundry, augies, goat track, pony trails etc with 1500m climbing. After the ride I ate two pies and a Ice Coffee at Samford bakery with the crew - AWESOME.
Sunday afternoon I attended the bunya arvo cruise with Steph and again I was on the rigid 29er single speed. I really enjoyed the 29er and would defintely be thinking about one in the future..
Here are some photos from the Semi.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brad, you should definately be fronting a New York emo-punk band with your hair!