Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's been a whileee

Well it's been a while since I've last posted so theres a lot to be said.. (in dot points =] )

1. Had a shit race and cracked my Merida frame (wasn't under warrenty)
2. Was getting over riding for a while now and decided I needed a break.
3. Had a month off riding and went out with mates camping etc
4. Had a awesome time.
5. Eventually got around to collecting my new frame (alloy this time)
6. Ended up with 5 weeks off bike.
7. First ride back was 80kms, riding to gap creek, doing a night ride there than riding home
8. Second ride was 60km's south boundry including Augies etc.. This nearly killed me
9. I rode a rigid single speed 29er for the first time
10. Rode the 29er again!
--- Did some rides but I can't remember [Big blank space]
11. Went to race road for first time again at Lakeside - pouring rain though and was called off. Ended up riding home via redcliffe with the Dog. "Matt Dog"
12. Ky, Tazy and I hit up Gap creek for an awesome ride that was all about performance.
13. Did my first road crit in a year and first race on the carbon road bike, jumped into B grade and surpised myself with my performance - I chased down two guys and brought a few riders with me to create a 6 man break away that stayed away from the pack to the end of the race (30mins).
13.1 Riverfire ride at Gap Creek with Ky, Woody, Hamish and Michael. Watched the fireworks from the resouivor than BBQ at Kys.
13.2 Ky and I went to help out at the Police Games at OHV. I ended up racing for shits and giggles and was doing well until I rolled my tube inside my rim =\
13.3 Watched the DH at the police games, rode down the narly DH bit!
14. Yeahhhh
15. That's about all I remember at the moment!
Me Jumping Woody at Gap CreekFirst part of narly DH sectionDoesn't look steep but I'm over the back of the bike - just like Cyclinic taught me!
A rock garden during the XC race

2 comments:

jaman said...

I know how it feels to crack a Merida MTB frame........

You are so strong!

Keep attacking Brad!

Brad Toomeys Cycling Journey said...

haha mine was impact but part of the contract says race warrenty - It happened at a merida race...

hahahahhaha I dunno about strong but I'm trying to get there

And yes, I idiol you when it comes to attacking mate!